Omega-3 fatty acids must be obtained from the diet and are essential for the production of cellular components including cell membranes. Omega-3 fatty acids also play an important role in regulating inflammatory processes throughout the body through the production of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Inflammatory processes are linked to virtually every disease process, so promoting anti-inflammatory processes has potential benefits in a wide variety of disease states and patient populations. Inadequate dietary intake of Omega-3 fatty acids has the opposite effect and is known to contribute and amplify a number of disease processes.
The “Standard American Diet” (SAD) tends to be high in pro-inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acids and low in the anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fatty acids. Diets such as historical Mediterranean, Asian, and primitive diets have much higher Omega-3 content and are associated with a longer healthier life with lower risk of heart disease, cancer, dementia, and inflammatory conditions. You can increase your daily intake of Omega-3’s by eating more fish, nuts, and seeds and also by incorporating a high purity concentrated omega-3 supplement such as Pinnaclife Omega-3.
- Triglyceride form of Omega-3’s for improved stability and absorption
- Lemon flavored/scented
- Each serving provides 700 mg of total Omega-3's (70%)
- High DHA content to help support a healthy brain and nerves
- Antioxidant support provided by Olivamine 10® Max, grapevine extract, green tea extract, and curcumin
- Responsibly sourced and supplied using sustainable methods with Friend of the Sea© certification
- Exceeds European and U.S. EPA purity standards as well of those set by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) with PureMaxTM certification to guarantee purity
Take 1 softgel twice daily taken with food. May increase dose as needed and as directed by a physician
The use of high quality triglyceride-form omega-3's and lemon oil should prevent the "fish burps" that people sometimes experience with fish oil supplements. However, in the off chance you do experience them, the effect can be reduced by storing the softgels in the refrigerator and taking them with food.
All omega-3 oils are sensitive to heat and can undergo oxidation, therefore always store in a cool dry location and do not use past the expiration date.