Omega-3 TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for the production of cell membranes and myelin, so deficiency can wreak havoc on neurological development, nerve impulses, and signal transduction. They also have potent anti-inflammatory effects throughout the body because they are converted into anti-inflammatory leukotrienes and prostaglandins. Inflammatory processes are linked to virtually every disease process, so reducing inflammatory processes can offer benefits to a wide range of patients.
The “Standard American Diet” (SAD) contains an Omega-6:Omega-3 ratio of about 20:1. Ideally, this ratio should be in the range of 4:1 to 1:4 as seen in historical Mediterranean, Asian, and primitive diets. Omega-6 fatty acids are metabolized into pro-inflammatory leukotrienes and prostaglandins so they have a counter-effect to the omega-3‘s. Reducing consumption of Omega-6’s while increasing Omega-3’s will help to bring the ratio closer to the preferred range which creates a more anti-inflammatory balance and environment.
Exceeds European and U.S. EPA purity standards as well of those set by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) with PureMax certification to guarantee purity
EPA:DHA ratio is 3:2 as recommended by the American Heart Association
- Take 1 softgel twice daily taken with food. May increase dose as needed and as directed by a physician
- Anti-inflammatory effects may benefit patients with:
- arthritis / joint pain
- heart disease / arteriosclerosis
- eczema / dermatitis
- Omega-3’s are shown to improve myelin formation and neurological development which provide a role in all neurological disorders
- Omega-3’s have positive effects on cholesterol levels, while reducing the inflammation of cholesterol plaques that can lead to clot formation
- Omega-3’s are extremely sensitive to heat and subject to oxidation, therefore always store in a cool dry location and do not use past the expiration date
- Some people may experience “fish burps” when using fish oil supplements. This effect can be reduced by storing the softgels in the refrigerator and taking them with food.