Less-Guilt Cheeseburger Recipe
Foods you love with less guilt
We know people don't always eat healthy every day - but there are easy ways to lessen the guilt by increasing the amount of key nutrients that support a healthy lifestyle.
Increasing your daily intake of dietary fiber can help to reduce spikes in blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides following a meal. Fiber can also support healthy digestion by increasing the amounts of healthy probiotic bacteria that help with digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Serves – 4
Prep Time – 25 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
- 2 scoops Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 tbsp white onion, finely minced
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pre-sliced button, crimini, or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 thin-slices deli Swiss cheese
- 4 standard-size whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, thick stems removed
- 4 tomato slices
- Combine the Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber, meat, minced onion, parsley, chili powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix the combination thoroughly with your hands.
- Gently form meat mixture into 4 equally sized patties, about 1/2 to ¾ inch thick.
- Transfer patties to a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to a medium nonstick skillet and set over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and cook them until golden brown and soft, frequently stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and return to medium heat.
- Add red pepper and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced onion and continue cooking for 6 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Add the pepper and sliced onion to the bowl of mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat the broiler to high, or a grill to medium-high.
- Place the patties under the broiler, about 10 inches from heat source, or on a grill.
- Cook the patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the meat is no longer pink in the center or the internal temperature registers 160F (165 for turkey).
- Place 1 slice cheese on each burger and transfer to another plate.
- Layer each bun with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, 1 cheeseburger patty and 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture.
More ways to increase fiber
- Add Prebiotic Fiber to your favorite sauces like ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, or homemade special sauce
- Add a scoop of Prebiotic to your side dishes - coleslaw, potato salad, veggie/chip dips, salad dressings, etc.
- Add Prebiotic Fiber to your drinks. Try it in unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, coffee, or even plain water!